This complimentary, quick-hitting webinar will cover twelve of the most complex, Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance issues that impact trial attorneys and their clients. Our panel of national experts will share real-world practical “how-to” strategies and best practices to ensure your law firm and your clients are fully protected when it comes to MSP compliance.
Who Should Attend:
Trial attorneys, paralegals, investigators, and other litigation support professionals should all attend.
Webinar will address the following topics:
Medicare Set-Asides (LMSAs), best practices for handling Medicare plaintiffs, pubic benefit protection, hospital lien resolution strategies, advanced Medicare lien reduction techniques and Medicare Advantage Plan lien resolution.
Date: Friday, June 29th
1pm – 4pm
Click here to Register
GoToMeeting / GoToWebinar format
Distinguished Speaker List:
- Daniel J. Alvarez, J.D., Vice President & General Counsel
- Jason D. Lazarus, J.D., LL.M, MSCC, CSSC, CEO
- B. Josh Pettingill, MBA, MS, MSCC, Vice President of MSP Compliance
- Dave Place, J.D., Director of Lien Resolution
- Michael Walrath, Esq., Director of Hospital & Provider Lien Resolution Services
National Medicare Summit – Half Day Webinar (15-minute max presentations for a rapid fire 3-hour seminar at little or no cost to Synergy)
- Medicare Set Asides Overview (Josh) 1:00pm – 1:15pm
Why consider doing an MSA, what it is and when should one be considered. Who does it impact? What is the purpose?
- Section 111 Reporting (Jason) 1:15pm – 1:30pm
How the reporting data impacts your clients future benefits / how to make sure the correct data gets reported without delaying your case or disrupting your client’s benefits.
- Medicare Set Asides Allocation – Nuts & Bolts (Dan) 1:30pm – 1:45pm
How a set aside is prepared and how it is different than a life care plan. Pricing and how the MSA amount is determined.
- MSA Funding / MSA Alternatives (Josh) 1:45pm – 2:00pm
Lump Sum v. structured settlement funding of the MSA, Pros/Cons, how to protect the trust fund without a formal MSA.
- MSA Administration (Jason) 2:00pm – 2:15pm
Self-Admin v. Professional Admin, The Do’s and Don’ts of administration to ensure Medicare benefits are not disrupted or cut off.
- Recent CMS Activity on MSP Compliance(Josh) 2:15pm – 2:30pm
The latest alerts from CMS and how they impact the way you handle cases involving Medicare beneficiaries.
- Dual Eligible Plaintiffs (Jason) 2:30pm – 2:45pm
Understanding the differences between these two programs, the intersection of benefits and ensuring entitlement.
- Hospital Lien Memo from Medicare (Michael W.) 2:45pm – 3:00pm
What are the providers’ obligations with Medicare? How to negotiate the lowest reductions and the intersection between Medicare and the hospital providers on liens.
- Medicare CP Resolution (Dave) 3:00pm – 3:15pm
The latest negotiation strategies for dealing with Medicare to maximize the recovery in the shortest amount of time.
- Medicare Refund (Jason) 3:15pm – 3:30pm
Getting money back from Medicare post-final demand without having to go through an exhaustive appeal process.
- Medicare Advantage Liens (Dave) 3:30pm – 3:45pm
These “invisible” liens are vital to address. Recent case law to be discussed and best practices for handling Part C plans.
- Total MSP Compliance for Your Firm (Dan) 3:45pm – 4:00pm
Putting it all together so that your firm is protected, you can resolve cases expeditiously and get the most money.
Dan: Closing comments @ 4:00pm