Vice President, Director of Lien Resolution Services
Mr. Place is the Vice President, Director of Lien Resolution Services for Synergy Settlement Services. Prior to joining Synergy, Mr. Place spent fourteen years representing large private group health insurance plans, self-funded ERISA groups, Medicare Advantage plans, state Medicaid plans, Stop-Loss plans and disability plans in their subrogation/recovery programs. He asserted subrogation/reimbursement rights for those groups in all fifty states. Mr. Place now exclusively assists personal injury victims and plaintiff counsel with complex lien resolution problems using his vast knowledge of the other side’s techniques. He and his wife reside in central Virginia with their three children.
- “Trial by Jury, Effective Application of Alternative Dispute Resolution,” Kentucky Bench & Bar, Spring Issue (1997).
- “ERISA: Subrogation; Tips and Tactics,” Handling Liens in Personal Injury Actions, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2014 – 2016).
- “Medicare Refund – How Can My Client Get One?” TLA-DC, Winter (2015) & Broward County Justice Association, April Newsletter (2015).
- “MSAs & Subrogation, What you Need to Know,” Florida Justice Association (2012).
- “Medicare Set-Asides for Paralegals: Handling Conditional Payments Correctly,” Institute for Paralegal Education (2012).
- “7 Things an ERISA Recovery Agent Doesn’t Want You to Know,” Florida Justice Association (2012).
- “ERISA & FEHBA Subrogation: Tactics to Eliminate or Reduce Repayment,” Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013).
- “Insider Tactics: ERISA Subrogation & Refunds from Medicare,” Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers (2016).